*

*

Saturday, September 1, 2012

What A Nice Evening

This is Ironstone Amphitheater a mile from my home. And, last night is the first time I have gone there for a concert. It is just something I have not done. No special reason. This photo from google depicts exactly how beautiful is was yesterday up here in the Sierra Nevada Foothills of California.
And, this was the entertainment for the evening. It looked like it was almost a sell-out performance.
Tony Bennett and Jackie Evancho did a mighty fine performance.
 
This is a very busy Labor Day Weekend in this little tourist town especially with this concert taking place. This is an area with a lot of retired people (like us) that remember the "early years" of Tony Bennett. And, he did not disappoint nor did Jackie. What a gifted young lady! 
 
Our town is so busy this weekend that all of the restaurants are busy busy busy. It sure helps our local economy. It was almost like a traffic jam downtown last night on Main Street with all of the visitors. It is only two blocks from my house but I never am disturbed by the activities or noise. I am just the right distance away and it is always quiet. Location, location, location. I am so blessed.
 
Tomorrow we are going to another picnic. So, I think I am going to make another salad with the same recipe as I made last week. The Tropical Slaw was very good. So, I better get "in the kitchen".

2 comments:

Anita in San Diego said...

I haven't seen an update in a while and hope everything is going well with you. I miss reading your news.

Annie said...

Me too, miss you Mary!
Regarding this post, you are so lucky to have such great concerts in your area.

Hope to see a new post soon.