*

*

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Taco Stew, Yard Work, Massage And Flowers

Fall is definitely here. The days are still warm, the breezes are there and the nights are cool. Isn't it lovely? And, such a good time to try out all those new recipes we continue to collect or just use some good ol' standbys.
This is Crock Pot Taco Stew. The recipe can be found Here.  And, it was very easy and very good!

    

I have been doing a lot of outdoors work during the last few days while the weather is nice and warm and lovingly sunny. And, my body sure feels it! By that, I mean, it hurts, hurts and hurts some more.

Three years ago, about this time of year, I blogged a little animated photo of what would have felt good at that time and what would feel good at this time. The photo made me smile at that time and makes me smile now.   Nutty Hedges Health Farm And Spa!  You bet, I'll take a massage, too!

http://s563.photobucket.com/user/LadySandee/media/MassagingSquirrels.gif.html?sort=3&o=28

 Even though a garden takes a lot work, if I look around the garden there are beautiful reminders of what makes a garden special. The fall colors of the trees and scrubs are magnificent at this special time of year and there are a few flowers blooming.

Beautiful White Chrysanthemums are blooming in the White Garden. This plant (three-inch pot)was bought last year from the local High School horticulture students. It is blooming profusely.


And,  Elle' by Jackson-Perkins nursery, a lovely pink rose is presenting me with the "Perfect Rose" with the Burning Bush (Euonymus alata "Compactus) in the background. This rose seems to bring delight to me each year around October when the other roses have almost said goodbye.

On Thursday, the rains are forecast. And - - - on Friday, SNOW may reach the lower elevations which means it may be Here.


2 comments:

Annie said...

Those squirrels are just too cute, made me smile too! Lovely blooms.

Anita in San Diego said...

I haven't seen an update in a few weeks. I miss you and hope everything is going well.

Love the crock pot recipe. Have you tried crock pot liners? I love them and think they are worthy of a Nobel Prize!