*

*

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Do You Like Fruitcake

Ok, I am back again! Surprise! I am trying - really, I am.

I thought I would share with you some of my very limited holiday baking.   
 
It has been many years since I have made my favorite recipe for Light Fruitcake. And, I am happy to say that it turned out very well. Since I have become a fan of Tuaca Italian Liqueur, I decided to macerate the cake with orange juice and Tuaca. The liqueur is a blend of Madagascar vanilla with "notes" of citrus fruits and Italian brandies. How's that for my fancy description? As you can see, I then wrapped the cakes in cheesecloth prior to adding the liquid and then wrapped in plastic wrap and then some foil. The Tuaca certainly added a nice dimension to the flavors.

I also made a Dark Fruitcake and I will share those photos with you soon.