*

*

Saturday, October 20, 2012

For My Birthday

Recently, (during the past  month) I celebrated a Birthday which was very nice. And, there was one surprise that "put me over the moon". Let me tell you more. For the past couple years I have been cyber friends with a wonderful women in Czech Republic. This friendship started when she responded with an email to my blog. She does not speak English, however, she can read and write English which allows her to communicate with me.

She is very talented in many ways. The above needlework doily which she sent to me for my Birthday is just one example. I have admired her work ever since I first saw it in photos. Take a look at this link - Needlework - and you too will be impressed!

I was in such a hurry to take a photo with my fresh cut roses that I didn't take time to iron this little beauty. You can see the folds from the shape of the large envelop that it was mailed in. Trust me, it is pressed and enjoyed every day on the dining table.

I marvel at how the world communicates with each other these days. Lately, it seems as though the technology is moving so rapidly and I feel a little unsettled that I am not feeling like I understand the latest social media advances. Even though I am not interested in personally using some of the electronic "toys" I like understanding how to use them.

I remember when ATM (at the bank) became available. I wasn't about to get left behind and become "an old lady" who doesn't know how to be current with today's world and the common everyday activities. Silly - huh?

No comments: