*

*

Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Night Dinner At Home

Since the weather has cooled "a little bit" I thought it would be nice if I prepared dinner at home. Especially, since I am never expected to make dinner.  This is a photo of my interpretation of a little antipasto prepared with vegetables from my garden.
  
The cherry tomatoes, cucumber, yellow tomatoes and basil are from the garden. I paired them with a little red onion, fresh mozzarella cheese and prosciutto along with freshly ground black pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

And, this is Boneless Loin Pork Chops with Olive Caper Sauce.  It is a very easy recipe from Wearenotmartha.com blog. The capers and klamata olives give the pork a very good flavor. Steamed fresh green beans were a nice accompaniment.

These photos were taken quickly at the last minute! I almost forgot.

Next Monday, we are taking a little trip to the coast.  We will be away for three days visiting Capitola, California. It will be nice to go to a cooler part of the state where the weather forecast is in the 70's.

This will be a quiet weekend with only church and brunch planned for Sunday.

No comments: