*

*

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What Have I Been Doing

A little of this and a lot of that - like, trying to make up for what I could not do while my arm was healing. Of course, it is still healing but it only bothers me if I overdo it.
  • In the garden 2 to 4 hours a day, watering, weeding and pruning.
  • Loads of laundry, catching up on what was not a priority like blankets and bath rugs.
  • Folding, sorting and organizing my clothes closet which needed attention very badly.
  • Cleaning out paper files. So time consuming! 
  • Sorting and shredding paper - paper - and more paper.
  • Organizing the linen closet. It is small. That is the biggest problem.
  • Cleaning the upper surfaces in the kitchen that seem to gather "greasy dust". And, washing out a few cupboards if the mood hits me.
  • Steam cleaning carpet a little at a time so I do not grossly increase my back pain. It is nice to know that it dries quite fast in this hot weather. I guess that is the "silver lining" with hot-hot-hot weather!


This is a my new patio clock/thermometer on a much cooler day. It is nice and easy to read! This week the weather is predicted to be over 100 degrees.
 
I am trying to get a lot done at the begining of the weeks so I can enjoy the last days of the week with all the fun things there are to do at this time of the year. There are a few medical appointment on the schedule also.

Planing on going to dinner at the Farmer's Market which is held at one of the many wineries on Main Street . Along with the the beautiful produce and foods from around the county the winery owner and French Chef Jeannine serves gourmet BBQ dinners to pair alongside their wines. We went one time last year and it was lovely and not expensive.

Also, planning on going to see the new movie, "Hope Springs" with Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones and Steve Carell. It looks like it is good for a "lot of laughs".

No comments: