*

*

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

If You Like Coleslaw

You may like this Tropical Slaw I made for our annual Church Picnic and Potluck. The bowl was emptied in short order.  The ingredients are many but it is very easy to make.
Look at all the goodies in there - cabbage, mandarin oranges, pineapple, raisins, coconut, marshmallows, banana and walnuts and more!
Our picnics are generally held at White Pines Lake in Arnold which is north of here. The lake is behind the cross that was painted by the children at Vacation Bible School. You can not see the lake because of my lack of photography skills! But, believe me it was beautiful. And it was delightful to worship and sing under the trees. As usual, the picnic foods were bountiful and delicious.
This year the First Nations Fellowship Church and their pastors from a neighboring county were invited and joined us for a very spiritual and enjoyable gathering. Our church believes that "Whoever you are, Wherever you are on life's journey, You are welcome".

After spending an inordinate amount of time on my second vacation post with many photos, I lost it to the caverns of the Internet abyss! My extensive retrieval efforts were to no avail and I am a very unhappy blogger.

No comments: