*

*

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Making Progress And Getting A Little Glam

I planned on posting this a few day ago. But, it didn't happen. So, I will do it now. The photo below was taken the evening of surgery day for my fractured left radius in my arm.  And, I was in a lot of pain! It so happened that the "nerve block" did not take and I had to return to surgery the next day to have it redone. No fun! But it really helped with the pain management. The first few weeks were really tough with a high level of pain.

 
I returned to the doctor a week after surgery of placement of a plate and screws in my lower arm with anticipation of having a cast applied. Much to my surprise and delight, the x-ray showed so much healing that the doctor said that a brace would be appropriate instead of a cast. I was delighted! The brace was to be worn day and night, but could be removed to take a shower. I can't begin to tell you how nice that was.  
 
Since I had a gift card (since Christmas) to a local Day Spa and Salon I thought it would be a great time to use it. It was one of the best days I have had in a long time. I had an European Facial, Massage and Pedicure. It was just what I needed! And, then the day before seeing the doctor last time, I went back to have a Manicure. It really helped my spirits!


This is my arm today! Much, much better and still getting better each and every day. I still experience pain with some movements and overuse.


And, the garden started "outdoing itself" with beautiful flowers. I think the Simplon Oriental Lily is fabulous! Please enjoy it with me.
 

1 comment:

Anita in San Diego said...

I am so happy to see you are feeling better and the arm is healing nicely. You are quite the "glamour gal" with your mani/pedi! I wish I could enjoy those lovely flowers with you. Continue to take good care of yourself.